2021 Fleet Safety Awards - Official Entry Form
The Fleet Safety Awards program recognizes carriers with the best safety records in their class. These organizations uphold OTA’s mission to enhance the industry’s image by showing their commitment to safety through their drivers’ safe operations on our highways every day. These awards, presented by Great West Casualty Company, are awarded on the basis of accident-frequency ratios, which include data from the mileage and accidents reported to the Ohio Department of Transportation within a calendar year.
- The report shall show the total number of accidents occurring in Ohio between January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020. The definition of accident used in this contest is the one contained in the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations, 49 CFR Part 390.5.
- Frequency rates shall be expressed in terms of the number of accidents per one million miles as determined by the following formula:
Frequency = Number of Ohio DOT reportable accidents x 1,000,000 / vehicle miles driven in Ohio
Rules and Regulations:
- Contestants must be Ohio Trucking Association member companies. Truck rental or leasing companies may enter the contest and may enter vehicles furnished to its customers as separate fleets if: three (3) or more vehicles are regularly furnished to the customer during the entire year; and both the leasing company and its customer are members of the Ohio Trucking Association.
- Awards in the Ohio Trucking Association Fleet Safety Contest are made on the basis of accident-frequency ratios. The fleet, among first-place category winners, determined to have the overall best record will receive the grand trophy. Category breakdowns are as follows:
- Less than 1 million miles
- 1-3 million miles
- 3-5 million miles
- 5-10 million miles
- 10-20 million miles
- Over 20 million miles
- All DOT recordable accidents in Ohio, regardless of fault, must be reported. A company must report all vehicle miles driven in Ohio from January 1, 2020 – December, 31 2020.
- A completed entry form must be submitted for each eligible company. The entry deadline is July 30, 2021.
- In the event of a tie, accuracy of accidents will be used in figuring the overall winner.
- Category winners will be audited.
- Participating companies agree to make at least one (1) representative available to attend the OTA Awards Luncheon on September 14, 2021 in Columbus to receive the company’s award.
Nominations are due by July 30, 2021. Questions? E-mail Bradie Berry at email@example.com.